Saturday, June 10, 2006

 

misc. thoughts

I recently had a colleague (I teach at a small community college) tell me that she really doesn't support the idea of a separation of church and state. She is married to a Methodist minister, but I have always thought of her as relatively progressive......I guess she probably doesn't think much of my support for same-sex marriage, which I'm sure I've mentioned to her.

I'm disgusted by all the attention Ann the "psycho bitch from hell" Coulter has been getting, but of course that's exactly what whe was going for. Somehow seeing her wearing a cross makes me wonder how someone like her could really believe that they are a Christian.....but since the neandertahl right has no clue what it means to be a Christian, I guess its not a surprise.

It would be funny if it weren't so scarry that people like Tom Delay and Coulter have come to represent the Republican party, and that they can get away with the bullshit that they do is a sad commentary on the state of our nation.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?