Friday, June 23, 2006

 

Little Ricky

I have to admit that I can't do it very often, but every once in a while I listen to Rush's program when I have to be on the road for a few hours. Well, today was one of those days and although I didn't listen to the entire program it didn't take long to see that they had latched onto the WMD hype of Ricky Sanotorium. Rush had a guest host today who just couldn't understand why the administration wasn't totally behind this story. Of course the object of the whole "revelation" was a sad attempt by Ricky to appeal to the wingnut base to get behind his re-election and to maybe even confuse some of the voters who don't keep up on these things. Well getting the support of the dittoheads was easy enough, and he even got the support of JD "send em' all back to Mexico" Hayworth who was also on the program who repeated the lame excuse that the administration had moved on to more important matters, and that maybe some of those working at the Pentagon who refuted the significance of the revelation just weren't being as supportive of the president as they should be. I swear they get so caught up in their convoluted logic that they don't know the difference between what's up and what's down. I may have missed it, but I also have not seen a lot of condemnation by the media of Ricky.

And Christi, I couldn't agree with you more about Tony Snow. I also watched a short excerpt of his press conference on c-span and could he be a bigger jerkoff. I know he's supposed to be a really nice guy and he's certainly an upgrade from Scottie boy, but he's also an ass. And I thought this before reading that he was rude to Helen Thomas today, part of the presser that I missed. Speaking of Helen, she was also apparently the but the joke of another neanderthalicon, congressman King of Iowa, who said that if Zarqawi were lucky enough to get 72 virgins, they'd look like Helen. No class.

And of course the big news of the day about the Miami terrorists.........I agree totally with Bill Press who said on CNN today that the arrests were timed to take away from publicity of the story about the government snooping into Americans private financial records. Whether its a terror alert or a made up non-story they always come up with some way to dilute the bad news of the day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?